Picture yourself as the customer…It’s summer, you’ve been outside enjoying the day and now you are hungry for a snack. You want a healthy snack, something that will refresh you but not make you feel guilty, after all, it will be dinnertime in just a few hours. What sounds perfect? A fruit smoothie! If the customer is lucky, your establishment is nearby and they will check out your menu!
Pina Colada, Kiwi Kicker, Bananarama, Pineapple Upside Down, Summer BerryAde, Mango Madness, Beach Berry, Sunkissed Raspberry…what will it be? Sounds tempting, right?
According to Mintel Menu Monitor, February 2014, the top 10 smoothie flavors are:
- Banana and Strawberry
Achieving these flavor varieties is simple and only requires fresh or frozen fruit. No risk of milk or yogurt spoiling when using a base mix like Simply Smoothies™. As an operator, there are many benefits to offering smoothies:
- Have blender? Make smoothies!
- Effortless. Simply measure 2 scoops of smoothie base mix, ¾ cup fresh or frozen fruit, ¾ cup ice, ½ cup cold water and BLEND! 16fl ounces of smoothie in under 60 seconds.
- Profitable. We estimate it will cost operators $1.30 to make a smoothie if using fruit with the Simply Smoothies™ base mix. The average sales price for a smoothie is $3.99. This is a gross profit of $2.69 per smoothie, translating to a yearly gross profit of over $15,000 if 16 smoothies are sold a day.
- Year-round demand. Consumers order smoothies as snacks round the clock, especially fruit smoothies! They are viewed as healthy snacks!
- No waste. Simply Smoothies™ base mix comes in a 4.8lb canister which yields 39 smoothies. The canister is resealable and comes with a premeasured scoop. Single-serve packets are available for operators who would rather take it one smoothie at a time.
Want to step outside of the single flavor box? We have great flavor ideas for your beverage menu in our FREE Simply Smoothies™ Idea Book. Also, our seasonal recipe flyers allow you to just plug and play or should we say purchase, blend and serve! Our summer flyer has four delicious flavors: Watermelon Basil, Fruit Pizza, Key Lime Pie, and Raspberry Pink Lemonade.
What are you waiting for? DIVE IN to SMOOTHIES!